Monday, January 19, 2009

Living a Life of Self Made Spirituality. Series Intro.


Many Christians are living a life of self made spirituality. Everything’s okay “if it feels right and it doesn’t hurt anybody else” . That is a very dangerous attitude to have. Many believe that they don’t have to read their Bible every day, if ever, and church attendance is “overrated” and not that important.


I have heard the excuse that going to church does not make you a Christian anymore than going into a garage makes you a car. That’s true, but we don’t go to church to be a Christian, we go to church because we are a Christian. If you have a true relationship with Christ and are walking a true Christian walk, then you will want to go to church regularly.


The Bible tells us in Hebrew 10:25 not to forsake the assembling of ourselves together. The first church met often to teach and encourage. Christ always honored the Sabbath. If we are Christians, and thus are “Christ Like”, then we should follow the example of Christ.


Christians should put God first in all things. So many times God and church is 3rd or 4th on the list of importance. When that occurs church attendance and the things of God are such a distant priority that it gets forgotten about. For instance how many people make plans like birthday parties, family visits, etc on Sundays. Oh well, nothing else important is going on…


Why don’t Christians submit themselves totally to God. Well, I found three reasons:


1. Because they want to do their own things without conviction
2. They don’t really want to have a relationship with God
3. They really don’t have a relationship with God like they think they do


That’s called Luke Warm, and you will be rejected by God…


Why do we ask and ask God for everything and yet do not want to have a relationship with him? Why should we expect anything from him ?


And Tithes. I’m not your Pastor so I can talk about tithes. I have been on both sides of the tithing fence, and let me tell you that the tithing side is so much better. It baffles me how we expect so much from God and want so much blessing and yet we will not give to God and to further his Kingdom and support our local church that is in place to help save souls and meet the basic needs of the community.


You want to complain about the church and the pastor. You didn’t like his sermon or what he said. Well, if your not helping to pay his salary or the bills of the church then you have no voice…!


I am going to be starting a series on each of the topics that I discussed here and will go more in depth. I have a burden for the “Christians” that are just not getting it. I’m afraid that they are going to be like the man that, “ went to Hell with Heaven on his mind” .


This series is not meant to be critical. It will be from my heart and as a true burden for what God is showing me in my life and the life of those around me. I hope it touches you.

Please share my blog with others and I welcome all of your comments. I would Love to hear from some of my readers…….

No comments: