Thursday, December 15, 2011

Reflecting

I have sat here all evening working on a book that I'm writing and reflecting back on many periods in my life where God has seen me through so many uncertain times. I have reflected on becoming a young father and husband, leaving my family for military training and my years spent running from God. Not really a bad guy, just a luke warm guy.  Not everyone is called to preach, teach, or sing. But we are all called to be a disciple of Christ and to live a life in pursuit of righteousness . God has seen me through all my years of running and has shaped and molded every detail of my life, for this time in my life. Although I entered the ministry at what many would consider late in life, it was all in God’s timing and for His purpose. It’s never too late to submit to what God has for you.My biggest burden is for the people living a life as I was for so many years. Believing that God won’t allow “good” people to go to hell.  Can I tell you that hell is and will continue to be, full of good people. You see, Christianity is about a relationship, not a religion.  If you are not developing and pursuing a relationship with Jesus Christ, you are not serving out the one main calling on your life of being a disciple of Christ.  Anyway, my reflection is just that I am glad to see that God had His hand on me this whole time and I am glad that the last several years has been for His service. I don’t really regret my beginning years I just wonder sometimes how much more I could have done for  God if I had submitted to my calling sooner. Even if you’re not called to greater works, don’t delay your calling and Biblical mandate  to pursue a relationship with Jesus Christ,  it could just cost you your eternity.

No comments: